MEM15518 - Medieval or post-medieval trackway in Mill Ham Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A footpath following the combe contours within Mill Ham Wood, recorded during the field survey of eight woodlands in the Barle Valley.  A routeway is recorded on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map running between SS 8793 3016 and SS 8807 3002 before turning northeast, joining another trackway at SS 8809 3002 and leaving the wood at SS 8813 3004 . This trackway is also shown on the 2018 MasterMap data. It is not clear whether source  is referring to this routeway (as it is plotted c.45 metres away) or if another trackway exists through the wood. 
- <1>XY SEM7353 Monograph: Cannell, J.. 2005. The Archaeology of Woodland Exploitation in the Greater Exmoor Area in the Historic Period. Archaeopress BAR British Series. P.77-93; Appendix VII. [Mapped feature: #35386 ]
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 25 June 2019.
|Grid reference||SS 8803 3013 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Jun 25 2019 9:45AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.