MEM15490 - Medieval or post-medieval trackway in Ashwick Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
SS 89058 29738. The remains of a former trackway identified as an earthwork in Ashwick Wood, part of a broader survey of eight woodlands on the eastern slopes of the Barle Valley.  It appears that the trackway referred to in  is that shown on the 2018 MasterMap data running from Mounsey House to the northwest at SS 8888 2987 to end at SS 8916 2966 . This trackway is also depicted on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map . 
- <1> SEM7353 Monograph: Cannell, J.. 2005. The Archaeology of Woodland Exploitation in the Greater Exmoor Area in the Historic Period. Archaeopress BAR British Series. P.77-93; Appendix VII- 301.3 2.
- <2> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 26 March 2019.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8901 2978 (306m by 256m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Mar 16 2020 3:38PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.