MEM15391 - Hoe Combe Adit number 1, Ison Mine (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
A shaft is depicted and annotated on the current Ordnance Survey base map at circa SS 91042 37102. [1,2] It is not depicted on the 1st or 2nd edition Ordnance Survey 1:2500 county series maps. [3-5] The shaft may be the remains of adit number 1 to Hoe Combe drift, and is reported as being blocked. 
- <1> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. Wilson-North, R. 8-Jan-1998.
- <2> SEM7224 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2009. MasterMap.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Hegarty, C. 14-Sep-2009.
- <6> SEM7005 Report: Jones, M.H.. 1995. Report on Proposed Low-Key Visitor Access to Industrial Sites on the Brendon Hills. P.18.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 91044 37102 (21m by 8m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12620
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 35831
Record last edited
Mar 20 2014 3:00PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.