MEM15378 - Shaft at Ison Mine (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 90915 37113. Ordnance Survey maps, from the 1:2500 first edition to current edition 1:2500 scale mapping show the location of a former mine shaft, annotated `Old shaft' and 'Shaft (disused)' respectively. [1,2]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7222 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1980. 1:10000 Map, 1980. 1:10000. Maps sheet SS 93 NW.
- <3> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. R Wilson-North 8 Jan 1998.
- <4> SEM7005 Report: Jones, M.H.. 1995. Report on Proposed Low-Key Visitor Access to Industrial Sites on the Brendon Hills. P.18.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9091 3711 (2m by 2m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12609
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 35820
Record last edited
Mar 20 2014 3:00PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.