MEM15376 - Medieval or post-medieval boundary stone east of Meads (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A boundary stone is marked as 'B.S' on the First Edition Ordnance Survey County Series map.  A boundary stone is marked as 'B.S' on the Second Edition Ordnance Survey County Series map.  The stone is not marked on the 2021 MasterMap data.  The stone marks the boundary of the Royal Forest of Exmoor and the parish boundary between Porlock and Exmoor. It may have been installed for either designation. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #31347 ]
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560.
- <3> SEM340794 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2021. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 21 July 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 83347 43419 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Jul 21 2021 10:26AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.