MEM15319 - Underbridge 14, The Incline (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Masonry underbridge to lower part of incline trackbed. Plain slate stone west-facing entrance portal with slate stone arch and sand stone keystone. Curved wing-walls to north and south.  Carries the incline over an occupation road.  The Scheduled Monument Condition Assessment of 2009 gave the bridge a survival score of 0.  The bridge was surveyed in October 2015 as part of the 2015 Exmoor Scheduled Monument Condition Assessment. It was given a survival score of 0. 
- <1> SEM6860 Report: The Hartley Conservation Partnership + David Sekers Consulting Partnership. 2004. West Somerset Mineral Railway Conservation Plan. P.49.
- <2> SEM7005 Report: Jones, M.H.. 1995. Report on Proposed Low-Key Visitor Access to Industrial Sites on the Brendon Hills. P.8.
- <3> SEM7402 Report: Bray, L.S.. 2010. Scheduled Monument Condition Assessment 2009, Exmoor National Park.
- <4> SEM8278 Report: Gent, T. and Manning, P.. 2015. Exmoor National Park Scheduled Monument Condition Survey 2015.
|Grid reference||ST 0276 3508 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
May 6 2021 11:35AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.