MEM15264 - Possible fish trap on Porlock Beach (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The possible remains of former structures of unknown date have been identified on Porlock Beach. The finder identifed the remains as those of a possible fishtrap and circular 'shelter', both circa three metres in diameter. No accurate location data was supplied. 
- <1> SEM6713 Technical drawing: Montfoort, J. van. 2001. Features on Porlock Beach. 1:100.
|Grid reference||SS 870 476 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (0-20)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.