MEM15253 - Post-medieval or modern post alignment in Porlock Bay and Marsh (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The remains of ten wooden posts or stakes visible as stumps, identified at circa SS 87564789 on 13th May 2002, on the northeast side of the breach channel during archaeological monitoring of Porlock Bay and Marsh. The posts are probably a continuation of a post alignment to the southwest of the breach. 
- <1> SEM6734 Report: McDonnell, R.. 2003. Porlock Bay and Marsh: Record of Archaeological Monitoring 2002-2003. P. 5.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8757 4788 (24m by 21m) (Surveyed)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial & tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial and tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial and tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (0-20)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.