MEM15242 - Area of small creeks west of Porlock Decoy (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
An area of small creeks recorded from aerial photographs extending for circa 22 hectares to the west of Porlock Decoy, centred on circa SS 8740 4760. The creeks were recorded as possibly incorporating a second decoy. However field investigation was inconclusive and it is likely that the remains simply comprise a relict area of reclaimed tidal marsh. 
- <1> SEM6715 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1995. Porlock Bay and Marsh: A Rapid Preliminary Assessment of the Cultural and Palaeoenvironmental Resource. P. 35.
|Grid reference||SS 8739 4760 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.