MEM15239 - Palaeochannels on Bossington Beach (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Possible palaeochannels of uncertain date are visible on false colour infrared aerial photographs of 1977 to 1991, running behind the shingle ridge on Bossington Beach in a west/south-west direction for approximately one kilometre, centred on circa SS 2887 4809. The channels were noted as earthwork features during field investigation in 1995. 
- <1> SEM6715 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1995. Porlock Bay and Marsh: A Rapid Preliminary Assessment of the Cultural and Palaeoenvironmental Resource. P. 33.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8874 4811 (961m by 429m)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial & tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial and tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial and tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (0-20)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.