MEM15236 - Marland Lane, north of Bossington (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The former track of Marland Lane is depicted on historic maps running northwards for over 400 metres from Bossington to the shore to the north-east of Horner Water.The earliest evidence for this route is Day and Masters map of 1782 (). Aerial photographs of the 1970s confirm the course of the route. It was levelled by the 1980s. [1-3]
- <1> SEM6715 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1995. Porlock Bay and Marsh: A Rapid Preliminary Assessment of the Cultural and Palaeoenvironmental Resource. P.31.
- <2> SSO899 Map: Day and Masters. 1782. County map of Somerset.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8964 4843 (196m by 431m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 2 fluvial & tidal
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial & tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.