MEM15228 - Linear earthworks to the northwest of Porlock Village (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Two earthwork banks on the east and west of the stream flowing northwards from Porlock Village. The western bank is approximately 15 metres wide and up to 2.5 high. The eastern bank is roughly 11 metres wide and up to 2.5 metres high. Tentatively interpreted as only as water management features. The full extent of the earthworks was not identified. 
- <1> SEM6715 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1995. Porlock Bay and Marsh: A Rapid Preliminary Assessment of the Cultural and Palaeoenvironmental Resource. P. 23.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8823 4763 (175m by 215m) (Surveyed)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial & tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:07PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.