MEM15227 - Possible post-medieval quarry northeast of Decoy Linhay (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A shallow depression centred on circa SS 87904794, measuring approximately 11 by 13 metres in size and 0.7 metres deep. It might be the remains of a quarry, excavated to repair a shingle built wall some 270 metres to the east (MEM15226). 
- <1> SEM6715 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1995. Porlock Bay and Marsh: A Rapid Preliminary Assessment of the Cultural and Palaeoenvironmental Resource. P. 18.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8789 4793 (17m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (0-20)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:07PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.