MEM15224 - Post-medieval leat to the north of Sparkhayes Lane, Porlock (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A leat of uncertain although probably post-medieval date, is visible for roughly 360 metres, centred on circa SS 8840 4795, approximately 100 metres to the north of Sparkhayes Lane. The leat is 1.8 metres wide and circa 50 centimetres deep, flanked on its southern side by a stone faced bank. 
- <1> SEM6715 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1995. Porlock Bay and Marsh: A Rapid Preliminary Assessment of the Cultural and Palaeoenvironmental Resource. P. 15.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8844 4798 (298m by 137m) (Surveyed)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial & tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial and tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial and tidal
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (0-20)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:07PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.