MEM15222 - Possible field boundary on Porlock Marsh (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A linear group of small earthwork mounds, approximately two metres long, one metre wide and 0.2-0.3 metres high, have been interpreted as potentially the remains of a field boundary of uncertain date.
- <1> SEM6715 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1995. Porlock Bay and Marsh: A Rapid Preliminary Assessment of the Cultural and Palaeoenvironmental Resource. P.14.
|Grid reference||SS 8720 4749 (point) (Surveyed)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:07PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.