MEM15182 - Earthworks at Higher Court Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A group of shallow hollows ir depressions south of Lower Court Farm were noted on aerial photographs at SS 9992 3672. An "Old Quarry" is noted on Ordnance Survey maps in part of the area (see MSO10082). [1-5] Series of earthworks, in the form of humps and hollows, probably quarrying.  The earthworks are also visible on aerial photographs taken in 1946 and 2013. [7-9]
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS9936C.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. CPE/UK/1980 4330 (April 1947).
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. hsl/uk/71-177 99-8809 (September 1971).
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <6> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. J Turner, 30 November 2006.
- <7> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <8> SEM8039 Aerial photograph: Getmapping. 2013. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
- <9> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Shirley Blaylock, 11 January 2017.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9990 3671 (174m by 133m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||TREBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
Jan 11 2017 10:09AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.