MDE8269 - Natural rock shelves east of Little Hangman (Non-antiquity)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
Flight of four lynchets east of little hangman above cliffs. Visible and in good condition from aerial photographs. [1-3] These linear features lie on very steep north facing slopes directly above the cliff edge.  They are not lynchets but are natural shelves formed by the stratification of the underlying rock. 
- <1> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. 106G/UK1655 3177-8 (July 1946).
- <2> SEM7408 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1977-1978. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. 2658 (June 1978).
- <3> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS5848a; SS5948a.
- <4> SMO7324 Unpublished document: Sainsbury, I.S.S. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 24 March 1993.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 589 481 (111m by 130m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||COMBE MARTIN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (2)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=615373 (Pastscape entry: 615373)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA107984 (National Trust HER entry: MNA107984)
- Devon SMR (Devonshire): SS54NE/23
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17891
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE20505
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 54 NE25
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- National Trust HER Record: MNA107984
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 615373
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:06PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.