MDE21843 - Post-medieval building northwest of Broad Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A small triangular enclosure is shown on the Tithe Map for High Bray.  A small rectangular building is shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map within the enclosure, at SS 7049 3562.  The building is also depicted on the 2nd Edition map.  The building is no longer extant but the triangular enclosure still appears to be in situ. 
- <1> SEM8103 Map: Northcote, G.. 1838. High Bray Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #43599 ]
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7049 3562 (18m by 16m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||HIGH BRAY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||BRAYFORD, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 70073
- Devon SMR: SS73NW/602
Record last edited
Sep 9 2020 10:24AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.