MDE21832 - Post-medieval building southwest of Withycombe Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The site is shown as a clear area on the Tithe Map for Challacombe.  The site of an L-shaped building is shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map to the southeast of a small yard on the southeast bank of a stream.  The building is again depicted on the 25 inch 2nd Edition map.  The building is not extant on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7724 Map: 1839. Challacombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #44590 ]
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6817 4195 (23m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 67488
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/222
Record last edited
May 21 2019 2:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.