MDE21831 - 19th Century building at Barton Gate (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The site of a long rectangular building is shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map to the east of the road.  The building is again shown on the 2nd Edition map.  There are no buildings shown in this area on the Tithe Map for Challacombe.  The 2018 MasterMap data does not depict a building here. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7724 Map: 1839. Challacombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6890 4119 (22m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||CHALLACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 67487
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/221
Record last edited
May 21 2019 2:51PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.