MDE21797 - Post-medieval enclosure bank on southwest side of Little Hangman (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A former post medieval earth enclosure bank in poor condition on the southwest side of Little Hangman which appears to demarcate a series of natural terraces. The eroded bank is 1.5 metres wide by 0.4 to 0.8 metres high and visible for 30 metres. The feature is not shown on historic maps. 
- <1> SEM6849 Report: Berry, N.. 2002. Archaeological and Historic Landscape Survey of West Challacombe Farm, Combe Martin, Devon. 100910.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 5839 4785 (31m by 41m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||COMBE MARTIN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA148442 (National Trust HER entry: MNA148442)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 65795
- Devon SMR: SS54NE/177
- National Trust HER Record: MNA148442
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (0-20)
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (20-50)
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (50-100)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:05PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.