MDE21795 - Posssible mining activity east of Little Hangman (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
A rectangular feature measures 13 metres by 3 to 4 metres, consisting of a scarp on the upslope side with two eroded pits and a bank to the north. The shallow western 'pit' could have been a building platform while the eastern pit resembles open cast workings. 
- <1> SEM6849 Report: Berry, N.. 2002. Archaeological and Historic Landscape Survey of West Challacombe Farm, Combe Martin, Devon. 100907.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 586 480 (44m by 38m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||COMBE MARTIN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA148439 (National Trust HER entry: MNA148439)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 65793
- Devon SMR: SS54NE/176
- National Trust HER Record: MNA148439
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (50-100)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:05PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.