MDE21792 - Medieval or post-medieval bank east of Little Hangman (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Low medieval or post-medieval bank running southeast to northwest down the coastal slope between fields and the large erosion gully east of Little Hangman. The indistinct bank is approximately 1 metre wide by 0.5 metres high and visible for approximately 30 metres. It is not shown on the historic maps. 
- <1> SEM6849 Report: Berry, N.. 2002. Archaeological and Historic Landscape Survey of West Challacombe Farm, Combe Martin, Devon. 100905.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 5875 4806 (42m by 58m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||COMBE MARTIN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA148437 (National Trust HER entry: MNA148437)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 65790
- Devon SMR: SS54NE/174/1
- National Trust HER Record: MNA148437
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (0-20)
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (20-50)
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (50-100)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:05PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.