MDE21752 - Combmartin Consols Mines Mill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
'Combmartin Consols' Mines Mill on the River Heddon. (Shown as 'Combe Martin Mines' which is further to the west rather than 'Combmartin Consols' mine which is reported to be at this location).  The mill is not visible on modern mapping and is not depicted on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map, nor on the Tithe Maps for Trentishoe or Combe Martin. [2-5]
- <1>XY SDE325576 Report: Bodman, M.. 2003. Watermills and other water-powered sites in Devon. 158. Draft. 17, 150. [Mapped feature: #33948 ]
- <2> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SDE65638 Map: 1843. Combe Martin Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <5> SDE82553 Map: 1842. Trentishoe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||SS 625 465 (point)|
|Civil Parish||TRENTISHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62710
- Devon SMR: SS64NW/43/1
Record last edited
Apr 24 2019 3:15PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.