MDE21744 - Newberry Lane, Parracombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An access way to an 'Occupational Road' is depicted in 1862 Parracombe Enclosure Award and map in Devon Record Office. Visible as Newberry Lane on 1963 Ordnance Survey map. National Grid Reference centrepoint is SS 6683 4568. [1,2] The lane is depicted on the Tithe Map for Parracombe.  The lane is still extant. 
- <1> SEM7959 Archive: Devon County Council. Various. Devon SMR / HER records / parish files - Exmoor records. FA Wilmshurst, Enclosure Awards file and map overlays, 2000.
- <2> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <3> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <4>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #44418 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6669 4557 (267m by 289m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62127
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/141
Record last edited
Oct 14 2020 2:33PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.