MDE21743 - Post-medieval boundary stone at Two Gates (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A boundary stone is situated on the boundary between Parracombe and Challacombe parishes. Challacombe Road is recorded as a public carriage road which terminated at this point in 1862.  The boundary stone is labelled on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps, and on the 1963 6 inch map. [2-4]
- <1> SEM7970 Unpublished document: 1862. Parracombe Down Enclosure Award.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
|Grid reference||SS 6900 4343 (point)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62126
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/207
Record last edited
May 21 2019 4:34PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.