MDE21731 - Post-medieval drain or watercourse north of Higher Week Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A private drain or watercourse is described in the 1848 Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award and map. Indicated as running from spring in 'plot 47' to southwest of same field, through hedge into adjoining 'old allotment'. [1,2] A watercourse still exists at bottom of field at ss62834323 to ss63154322 on 1:10000 (1978) os map.  The feature still appears to be extant. 
- <1> SEM8548 Unpublished document: Unknown. 1848. Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award. Unknown.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1:10,000/1978.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 629 432 (371m by 140m)|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62114
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/195
Record last edited
Jun 18 2018 11:23AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.