MDE21730 - Post-medieval trackway on Kentisbury Down (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Track described as 'Private Carriage and Occupation Road, No.23' in 1848 Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award and map. Indicated as running from SS 6386 4357 to SS 6415 4399. Original width marked out as 16.5 feet. [1,2] Not visible on 1:10000 (1978) os map.  It is not shown on the Tithe Map for Kentisbury nor on the 1st or 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [4-6]
- <1> SEM8548 Unpublished document: Unknown. 1848. Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award. Unknown.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SSO1446 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1978. 1:10,000 Map, 1978. 1:10,000.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <6> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||SS 640 437 (point)|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62113
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/194
Record last edited
Apr 30 2019 10:44AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.