MDE21729 - Post-medieval road on Kentisbury Down (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Track described as 'private carriage and occupation road, no.30' in 1848 Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award. Indicated as running from SS 6350 4380 to SS 6375 4325. Original width marked out as 16.5 feet. [1,2] Not visible on 1:10000 (1978) Ordnance Survey map.  The route of the feature is not visible on the Tithe Map for Kentisbury or on modern MasterMap data. [4,5]
- <1> SEM8548 Unpublished document: Unknown. 1848. Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award. Unknown.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1:10,000/1978.
- <4> SEM7937 Map: 1840. Kentisbury Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||SS 635 435 (point)|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62112
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/193
Record last edited
Jun 18 2018 11:31AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.