MDE21725 - 19th Century trackway on Kentisbury Down (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A track is described as 'private carriage and occupation road, no.43' in 1848 Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award and map. Indicated as running from SS 6285 4340 to SS 6295 4358. Original width marked out as 16.5 feet. Not visible on 1:10000 (1978) Ordnance Survey map. [1-3] The trackway is depicted on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map between the two grid references provided above.  The feature is not shown on the Kentisbury Tithe Map. 
- <1> SEM8548 Unpublished document: Unknown. 1848. Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award. Unknown.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1:10,000/1978.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 628 434 (145m by 189m)|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62108
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/189
Record last edited
Apr 30 2019 10:54AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.