MDE21626 - Post-medieval parish boundary stone north of Dean Cross (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A boundary stone is depicted and labelled on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map at the border of Kentisbury and Trentishoe parishes at SS 6263 4477; this is c.25 metres away from where both boundaries meet the boundary of Combe Martin parish, at SS 6262 4479 (to the northwest).  The stone is also shown on the 2nd Edition map and the 1963 6 inch map. [2,3] The stone is still labelled on modern MasterMap data and still appears to be extant. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1904, Devon 6(5).
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||SS 6263 4477 (point)|
|Civil Parish||COMBE MARTIN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||TRENTISHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 56999
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 57000
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 57001
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/174
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/174/1
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/174/2
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21627
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21628
Record last edited
Apr 30 2019 10:56AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.