MDE21624 - Post-medieval boundary stone at Dean Water (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A boundary stone is marked at Dean Water on the parish boundary between Trentishoe and Kentisbury on the Ordnance Survey 6 inch 1905 and 1963 maps. [1,2] The boundary stone is also marked on the 25 inch 1st Edition map.  The exact location of the stone as recorded on the above maps is not clear. The location data for this record has therefore been estimated. 
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, Devonshire 6NW.
- <2> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 24 April 2019.
|Grid reference||SS 6323 4518 (point)|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||TRENTISHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 56996
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 56997
- Devon SMR: SS64NW/89
- Devon SMR: SS64NW/89/1
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21623
Record last edited
Apr 24 2019 3:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.