MDE21615 - Post-medieval signpost on Vellacott Lane (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
'G.P. ' marked on the Ordnance Survey 6 inch 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map of 1905 and visible on the Ordnance Survey 6 inch map of 1967. (1-2) SS 5986 4686. The signpost is also marked on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. It is on the northeastern side of the T junction between Vellacott Lane and Badgaver Lane.  The post is no longer extant. [4,5]
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 5 NE.
- <2> SDE79972 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1967. 1:10,560 scale map: 1967. 1:10560.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM8076 Website: Google. 2014 -. Google Maps. Street View, 17 April 2019.
|Grid reference||SS 5986 4686 (point)|
|Civil Parish||COMBE MARTIN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 55145
- Devon SMR: SS54NE/150
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:05PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.