MDE21601 - Post-medieval or 20th Century stone in Southern Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site is shown as a clear plot on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  A stone is depicted and labelled at SS 7877 4834 on the 6 inch 2nd Edition map.  The stone is also shown on the six inch 1962 map.  The stone is not shown on modern MasterMap data, although it may still be extant. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||SS 7877 4834 (point) Historic mapping|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54906
- Devon SMR: SS74NE/636
Record last edited
Jun 9 2021 1:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.