MDE21596 - Undated stone north of Cross Gate (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A "stone" is depicted using a triangular symbol on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps at SS 7717 4741. [1,2] The stone is also shown on the 1962 six inch map.  The stone is no longer shown on modern MasterMap data, although it may still be extant. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||SS 7717 4741 (point) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||BRENDON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54901
- Devon SMR: SS74NE/631
Record last edited
Mar 15 2021 10:44AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.