MDE21595 - Bridge Cottage, Brendon (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The building is not shown on the Tithe Map for Countisbury.  A smithy is depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map facing the bridge to the south.  The smithy is also marked on the six inch 1905 2nd Edition map and the six inch 1962 map. [3,4] The building is shown in the same plan form on 2021 MasterMap data. It is now labelled "Bridge Cottage", suggesting it now has a domestic use. 
- <1> SEM8072 Map: <1841. Countisbury Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, 3NE and 3SE.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <5>XY SEM340794 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2021. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #44234 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7696 4831 (23m by 7m)|
|Civil Parish||COUNTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54900
- Devon SMR: SS74NE/630
Record last edited
Jan 13 2021 9:12AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.