MDE21589 - Stone adjacent to the Tors Hotel (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A stone is depicted on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps and the 6 inch 1903/1938 provisional edition. [1-3] The stone is no longer shown on the 6 inch 1962 map, nor on modern MasterMap data. [4,5] There is no evidence recorded as to its form or function. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1854-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. County Series; 2nd Edition (1st Revision) 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560. Sheet 3NW and SW.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <5> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
- <6> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. Catherine Dove, 31 May 2013.
|Grid reference||SS 7248 4951 (point) Historic mapping|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54894
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/236
Record last edited
May 10 2022 8:51AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.