MDE21581 - Drill hall at the Valley of Rocks (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The site is clear on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  A drill hall is marked on the Ordnance Survey (1903/1938) map.  The building is shown but not labelled on the Ordnance Survey (1962) map.  A building is shown in the same location on modern mapping (2013) and is named 'Cloud Cottage'; it is not clear whether this is the same building. 
- <1> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560. Sheet 3NW and SW.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information.
|Grid reference||SS 7125 4954 (point) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Related Articles (1)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54793
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/234
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:05PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.