MDE21580 - Isolation hospital at Picket Gate Quarry (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site is clear on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The isolation hospital is mapped and labelled on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map and the 6 inch 1903 map. [2,3] The site is drawn but not labelled on the 6 inch 1962 map.  The site has since been redeveloped and is now a residential area. The original buiding no longer seems to be extant. [5,6]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560. Sheet 2SE.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <5> SDE323788 Report: Nicholas Pearson Associates. 2000. Lynton Water Supply: Environmental report. 67.
- <6> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7027 4758 (19m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54792
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/233
Record last edited
May 31 2013 10:44AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.