MDE21578 - Post-medieval quarry west of Crock Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A post-medieval quarry was visible and annotated on both the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [1,2] The quarry is depicted but not annotated on the six inch 1963 Ordnance Survey map and on modern MasterMap data. [3,4]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4>XY SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #42755 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6899 4918 (41m by 14m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||MARTINHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54790
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/121
Record last edited
Oct 14 2020 4:35PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.