MDE21563 - Possible leat south of Moorhouse Ridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A leat, now dry, from Soakey Moor to Lyshwell. No trace now in fields. A number of banks - one stone retained below leat - at Soakey.  This feature has been transcribed as a field boundary in two aerial photograph transcription exercises undertaken in 1980s and 2007-9 (see MDE8252). This feature therefore requires further investigation. It is, however, noticeable that it follows the contour fairly closely. [3-6]
- <1> SDE69908 Report: Bannister, N.R. and Bannister, D.E.. 1992. Historic landscape survey of the Molland Estate, Nr South Molton, Devon. A14, 2 June 1992.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/106G/UK/1420 3288 (15 April 1946).
- <3> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS8130 etc.
- <4> SMO7580 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 83 SW. MD002197.
- <5> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1:25,000/2018.
- <6> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 18 February 2019.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8276 3080 (1226m by 438m)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54031
- Devon SMR: SS83SW/35
Record last edited
Mar 23 2021 4:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.