MDE21561 - Possible undated circular feature south of Upper Willingford Bridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 8155 3233. A circular or spiral feature with earthbanks 6 metres diameter and up to 0.5 metres high beside a track was noted during a field visit in 1992.  There is nothing recorded on historic mapping available to the Exmoor HER to account for a circular feature in this location, although it should be noted that various routeways across Molland Common are depicted traversing this area on the 25 inch 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [2-4]
- <1>XY SDE69908 Report: Bannister, N.R. and Bannister, D.E.. 1992. Historic landscape survey of the Molland Estate, Nr South Molton, Devon. A6, 25 May 1992. [Mapped feature: #33857 A6]
- <2> SEM7661 Map: 1841. Molland Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||SS 8155 3233 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54027
- Devon SMR: SS83SW/31
Record last edited
Feb 18 2019 3:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.