MDE21550 - Possible demolished buildings near Tucker's Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A group of building platforms were noted on a site visit in June 1992. Possible sites of other buildings were seen adjacent to the barn at Tucker's Farm.  No structures other than the barn shown on modern mapping are recorded in this vicinity on the Tithe Map for Molland, the 1st or 2nd Edition maps or on aerial photographs taken by the Royal Air Force in 1946-8. This suggests that any possible structures these features relate to are likely to be post-medieval or earlier in date. [2-5]
- <1> SDE69908 Report: Bannister, N.R. and Bannister, D.E.. 1992. Historic landscape survey of the Molland Estate, Nr South Molton, Devon. A38.
- <2> SEM7661 Map: 1841. Molland Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
|Grid reference||SS 8025 2967 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 54009
- Devon SMR: SS82NW/100
Record last edited
Jan 29 2019 3:58PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.