MDE21539 - Post-medieval quarries near Ladywell Path (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A single quarry is shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map at this site.  The site is labelled 'quarries' on the Ordnance Survey 6 inch 1903 and 1962 maps. [2-4]
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM6837 Report: Weddell, P.J.. 1992. Preliminary Archaeological Assessment of Lynton Sewage Treatment Works. 4.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 712 492 (84m by 52m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31089
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 53905
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/151
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/232
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21071
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:05PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.