MDE21386 - The Old School House, Heasley Mill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Heasley mill. Old school, built 1870.  'school' marked on 6 and 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [2,3] Shown but not marked on the 1963 Ordnance Survey map.  Now used as Community Centre.  Heasley Mill School was a voluntary school taken over by a board in 1875. The school closed in 1946. 
- <1> SEM7959 Archive: Devon County Council. Various. Devon SMR / HER records / parish files - Exmoor records. J Samuel, March 1992, worksheet in Parish Files.
- <2> SEM6705 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1896. County Series, First Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1887, 15NW.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <5> SEM7959 Archive: Devon County Council. Various. Devon SMR / HER records / parish files - Exmoor records. BD Hughes, 1978, Photograph album in SMR.
- <6> SEM7966 Monograph: Sellman, R.R.. 1967. Devon Village Schools in the Nineteenth Century. David and Charles Limited. 73, 159.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7364 3221 (16m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 43052
- Devon SMR: SS73SW/90
Record last edited
Apr 17 2019 12:58PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.