MDE21260 - Post-medieval boundary post northeast of Kensall Cross (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A boundary post is marked on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. It is is situated at the boundary of Twitchen and North Molton Parishes.  The post is also shown on the six inch 1905 and 1962 Ordnance Survey maps. [2,3] The post is not marked on the 2021 MasterMap data. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #47584 ]
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, 15SE.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM340794 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2021. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||SS 7714 3046 (point)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||TWITCHEN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 33931
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 33932
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/560
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/560/1
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21261
Record last edited
Oct 5 2021 4:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.