MDE21236 - Post-medieval quarries in South Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The site of two old quarries is depicted on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map at SS 7433 3137 and SS 7434 3135 .  The site is depicted and labelled as a single old quarry on the six inch 1906 map and the six inch 1963 map. [2,3] 2018 Ordnance Survey MasterMap data depicts an unlabelled earthwork feature in this location. A track has been established through the site. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1906, 15NW.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #46016 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7434 3136 (24m by 42m)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 33717
- Devon SMR: SS73SW/60
Record last edited
Apr 17 2019 1:06PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.