MDE21233 - Possible mine shaft west of Radworthy Down Cleave (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 7475 3186. 'Old Shaft' shown on 6 inch 1906 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map . No sign of old shaft on 6 inch 1963 map .  This record may have been created as a result of the 6 inch 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map being incorrectly read. It may be a duplicate of MDE21429. There is no old shaft recorded at this location on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map . 
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1906, 15NW.
- <2> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <3> SEM7959 Archive: Devon County Council. Various. Devon SMR / HER records / parish files - Exmoor records. SS73SW/63; 33714.
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 17 April 2019.
|Grid reference||SS 7475 3186 (point)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH MOLTON, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 33714
- Devon SMR: SS73SW/63
Record last edited
Apr 17 2019 1:30PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.