MDE21228 - Post-medieval quarry at Blindwell Cottage (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A quarry is depicted and labelled on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps at SS 8004 3173. [1,2] The quarry is no longer depicted on the 1962 six inch map.  The site is now occupied by Blindwell Cottage. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8004 3173 (20m by 18m)|
|Civil Parish||TWITCHEN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 33707
- Devon SMR: SS83SW/22
Record last edited
Oct 22 2018 2:39PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.