MDE21220 - Rockley Quarry (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Rockley Quarry is a large feature depicted on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The quarry is also similarly shown on the 25 inch 2nd Edition map.  The quarry is on the six inch 1963 Ordnance Survey map.  The quarry is not shown on the Tithe Map for High Bray, suggesting that it was not in use at this time. The land use at this time is listed as Pasture.  The area of the quarry is shown on the 2020 MasterMap as a separate area within Rockley Copse. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #46694 ]
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SEM8103 Map: Northcote, G.. 1838. High Bray Tithe Map and Apportionment. Land parcel 451.
- <5> SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7067 3811 (159m by 126m)|
|Historic Parish||HIGH BRAY|
|Civil Parish||BRAYFORD, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 32757
- Devon SMR: SS73NW/591
Record last edited
Sep 9 2020 12:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.